Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Lost Tarot of Nostradamus by John Matthew and Wil Kinghan Review

Review of the Nostradamus Tarot Deck
by John Matthews and Wil Kinghan

Oh, oh, oh! The box is sooooo pretty! This gal loves velvet, antique anything, parchment paper and old maps. The front of the box brings all those things to mind. I have hand and wrist problems, so it was a bit hard for me to open, but not as difficult as some I have had. When you open the box you see the book. It looks old. It has a picture of Nostradamus himself on it.

To quote from the Preface:
In the pages that follow we will explore the astonishing story of a long lost book containing a set of visual keys to Nostradamus' prophecies, the parallels between these images and the landscape of the tarot, and the way we recreated this important lost card deck using the seers own words and images.”

In the back of the book we have some chapters you do not want to over look. In Part Three we have Working with the Lost Tarot - The Nostradamus Spreads Meditating with the Lost Tarot, The Art of Seership and in keeping with Mr. Matthews wonderful attention to detail and our desire to know everything, we have Further Reading, About the Authors and Acknowledgments.
There are couplets applied to each card, drawn from Nostradamus' writings and are newly translated by Caitlin Matthews, an added bonus!!!

The first spread I did was the first one suggested, very simple. The first card that came to me was the Hermit, which made my jaw drop as that is my birthday card, and also I have been having the Hermit pop up for the last couple of weeks. AND this weekend is a new moon which is in Scorpio and I am a Scorpion. So this is just me, me, me!

So I will share with you the couplet from the Hermit card:
Two revolutions made by the evil sickle-wielder (Saturn), Changes both kingdoms and their dispensations.
That actually fits right in with the energies I am working with right now! These cards are very sensitive.

Each card has the reversed meaning with it also.
The way the quatrains were interpreted then worked with is very unique, I am not going to spoil it by telling you here, but the possibilities of working with these cards are endless.
They are nice to hold, they are just the right thickness to shuffle or to pass hand to hand. As you can see by the pictures, they look old. They are little mini works of art.

The process Wil Kinghan went through to make the art on the cards is explained in detail in the book.

In the Spreads chapter of the book, there are 3 spreads each a bit more in depth than the previous one. There are instructions on how to meditate with the cards, also.
The first Spread is the Alchemist Spread which has both explanation and interpretation in order to help you become familiar with understanding how the cards work with each other and you.

I am well pleased with these cards. I just love them! I can not think of anything about them that I do not like. Well done, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment